Courtesy Patrol Program
In an effort to further ensure that all of our cyclists have a first class and rewarding experience when participating in any of our rides / races, OECS is implementing the following Courtesy Patrol Program across our nine events in Colorado and New Mexico. This program will complement other support services on our courses such as Aid Stations, SAG Wagons, Road Marshals, Law Enforcement and Rapid Response Paramedics. Should you meet the qualifications outlined below, we invite you to apply to the program.
Courtesy Patrol Qualifications
- Skilled cyclist
- Familiarity and/or past experience at event of choice
- Knowledge and proficiency in changing flats
- Friendly demeanor
- Good communication skills
Courtesy Patrol Responsibilities / Commitment
- Attend an event briefing conference call 7- 10 days prior to the ride / race
- Educate yourself about the event course(s), venue footprint, offerings, support services, etc.
- Serve as an OECS / Event Ambassador
- Interact with cyclists while at the host venue and on course
- Reinforce rules of the road, safety practices and bicycle riding etiquette
- Carry extra supplies – food, tubes, tire patches, etc. – for those in need
- Assist with anyone struggling to change a flat
- Assist with traffic control if you come upon an accident that our medical staff is (or will be) attending to
- Wear one of two (or both) Courtesy Patrol identifiers – arm band or jersey (see jersey info below)
Courtesy Patrol Benefits & Incentives
- Free entry into ride
- Ride credentials and event SWAG as part of “ride entry”
- Courtesy Patrol Jersey – gifted to anyone that commits to 2 or more OECS events within the year
*Sign-up early! Space per event is limited.